- Motorist emerging into path of cyclist
- Motorist turning across path of cyclist
- Cyclist riding into the path of a motor vehicle
- Cyclist and motorist going straight ahead
- Cyclist turning right from a major road and from a minor road
If you we’re to be found at fault for any of these accidents, then you could be legally liable for any costs. Hence the reason why you should consider paying the additional premium to provide cover for up to £3m liability.
If you pay the additional premium for personal liability then we will pay up to in total £3million in any one year in total for any claim or series of claims made against you or a member of your family for which you are legally liable for the following:
- Accidental bodily injury or death to any person, or
- Accidental damage to third party property not belonging to you or in your custody or control, which arises from your or your family’s use or ownership of the bicycle.
The public liability extension can be added to your policy for just £15 per annum. A small price to pay for some added peace of mind and protection when out riding.